Critter Cruisers (Parent and Tot program)
The Great Stroller Safari
The Toronto Zoo is a wonderful place to get some exercise. We have several kilometres of walking paths that take you to all of the exciting exhibits. Now is your chance to walk the paths in a fun and exhilarating way. Together you will embark on this active program and stroll the Zoo, walking in the hoof prints of the great migrating beasts of the African Savannah or maybe the paw prints of a prowling predator. Either way, you will have the chance to experience education in motion. There is an active adventure awaiting you here at the Toronto Zoo.
Program will consist of:
- Animal inspired walks for parents and their children.
- Interactive breaks.
- Game/activity at rest point.
- Brief animal encounter.
**Important notes about the program
- Zoo Admission during the program on the day of the program
- A light allergen aware snack to be distributed during the middle of the program
- Fully guided interactive tour of the African Savanna area
This program is recreational in "nature" and is not a certified fitness program. We will be strolling at a comfortable pace among the group.
One child to one adult ratio is ideal; however, each adult may bring up to two children of program age from the same family for the cost listed below.
Program Registration Form (PDF) click here
Dates and Times (Morning sessions):
Session A - Friday October 4, 9:30 am - 11:00 am (FULL)
Session B - Friday October 11, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Session C - Friday October 18, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Session D - Friday October 25, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Session E - Friday November 1, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Session F - Friday November 8, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Dates and Times (Afternoon sessions):
Session 1 - Friday October 4, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (FULL)
Session 2 - Friday October 11, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Session 3 - Friday October 18, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Session 4 - Friday October 25, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Session 5 - Friday November 1, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Session 6 - Friday November 8, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Cost: (for one adult and up to two children of walking age from the same family for each session)
$18 Member, $20 Non-Member (Fees for the program include all applicable taxes)
Please inform us of any special concerns such as disabilities, medical conditions or allergies, behavioural issues, dietary concerns or anything else that you feel we should know in order to help make your program as enjoyable.
Other Program Information
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, as the program takes place entirely outdoors
- You are welcome to dress in comfortable walking attire with appropriate footwear. Please no flip flops or sandals.
- Strollers are not provided for the program but strollers can be rented from the Zootique Gift Shop.
- We would recommend travel systems, double strollers or 3 or 4 wheel jogging strollers.
- Umbrella strollers are not suitable for the program
Critter Cruisers takes place in all weather. In the case of extreme weather, the Zoo will decide if the Program is to continue and will notify all participants. If the Program is cancelled, all participants will receive a 100% refund of program fees.